[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Dev Skill Forum • View topic - DCP 4: Great!!! The Work Is Done

DCP 4: Great!!! The Work Is Done

Dev Skill archived problems can be discussed here.

DCP 4: Great!!! The Work Is Done

by mustakim » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:58 pm

I've faced some problem regarding this particular problem.

Problem 1:
Unlike other problems, in the input instruction section, there is nothing mentioned as input for "Number of Test Cases". It only says- "First line of each test case will hold two numbers separated by a single space. First number will denote the total hours to finish the sprint (0 < CT ≤ 100) and the second one will be number of members in the team (0 < N ≤ 100)".
So where to take input for number of test cases? In the example section, there is no input that shows number of test cases.
In other problems, the first input line is for "number of test cases" (for example: DCP-14: Box)

Problem 2:
Actually I'd say it should be a suggestion. That is, after I submit any problem, the site executes some automated tests for evaluation. But the site doesn't mention what was the inputs (for failed cases) for any particular test case. It would be really helpful to show the input for failed cases at least!

Looking forward for response and thanks in advance!
Happy coding!

Re: DCP 4: Great!!! The Work Is Done

by BishalG » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:24 am

Thanks for your support and suggestions.
We updated the statement for DCP-4 problem. Hope this statement is clear now.
Your suggestion regarding viewing failed testcase is really good.
We are planning to add this feature in near future.

by mahrahat » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:17 pm

1. You will see many problems like this one where number of test cases is not mentioned. In those cases, the trick is to run an infinite loop. In each iteration of the loop, read from standard input and check if there is any data to be processed. If there is any data, process it as usual, else exit the loop.

Hint: Assuming your language is C, scanf() returns numbers of input items successfully matched and assigned...

2. Until the authority implements your suggestion, you may obtain limited help from . In case of many problems, you will see links to udebug. Clicking a link shows the corresponding page on udebug. There you can check whether your code produces accepted output or not.

by mustakim » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:41 pm

Thanks both of you for kind response.

BTW, I just noticed another thing that seems a bit awkward to me! When I attempted to contribute a problem to the problem archive, I got an error message showing a minimum of 100 score is needed as requirement (this is ok, my score is low). Then I go to the problem setter's profile for the problem: "DCP-4" (Asraf Uddin Ahmed) and I found that his score is only 5! No Stack, UVA, Github is attached to his profile.

Never mind, this isn't anything personal; I'm just feeling a bit curious how it works actually!

Thanks in advance!

by mahrahat » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:16 am

I have also noticed this in several cases. Though I don't know the reason, I assume that rules for problem setters were relaxed in earlier days of DevSkill.