DCP - 18 : Number Sort

Dev Skill archived problems can be discussed here.

DCP - 18 : Number Sort

by froghramar » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:41 am

I have already solved this problem once. Now I'm getting WA. My solution looks perfect to me based on the given constraints. Any special inputs?
Code: Select all
// Removed After AC
Last edited by froghramar on Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: DCP - 18 : Number Sort

by devskill » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:41 am

You just miss just a little bit.

like where the output should be 33.00 33
you are printing 33 33.00

may be you are not maintaining the original order when the values are same.
Site Admin

by froghramar » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:18 am

I have checked with this kind of inputs and it works fine, even in this case. Can you give me an exact input please where my program fails?

by froghramar » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:09 pm

Looks like people are in deep sleep. This is how people like me looses interest. :(

by devskill » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:53 am

Patience is virtue :)

People may not be sleeping but working too much :)

Now the main thing is you earned 50 DP. Reason is, we find one small problem in the judge data for which this has happened and thus we had to investigate the issue and fix it.

Now we have rejudged all the submissions for this problem.

Thanks for getting stuck on this reporting the issue. Actually these are very old problems and at that time we had a difference compiler and I/O process so we had to convert these I/O in the new system and during conversion we sometimes had an issue.
Site Admin

by froghramar » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:34 am

Actually these are very old problems and at that time we had a difference compiler and I/O process so we had to convert these I/O in the new system and during conversion we sometimes had an issue.

I don't get this line. I thought you were using files to save inputs.

Again, I found another user mentioning the same problem more than a month ago. I know things are not easy to work behind devskill. As you have a plan to make devskill International these issues are not acceptable and if it happens in case, you must solve this very quickly.

by devskill » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:46 pm

It depends on for how long you are participating in Dev Skill contest. If you were participating 2 years ago, then you may have noticed, we followed google code jam format at that time. At that time you should not be submitting code, rather you had to download input file and then had to upload output file. you should be generating output file in your own machine from the provided input set.

Since then we changed our system twice. First we moved to Ideone engine, from google code jam format and then moved to our own compile engine. The problems that you and that other user reported are those early days problems. Recently we do not have any issue with problems because we have created a online problem submission panel and review system. All problems including our own is collected by this. So this problem do not exist anymore.

Only the issue is, the old problems that we have uploaded by conversion, only few of them may have some conversion issue, but as our members report them and we fix them so these are also getting corrected. May be there is none anymore.
Site Admin