Submit solution

All general topics that Dev Skill members should discuss.

Submit solution

by seyedssz » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:38 pm

Hello ans Happy New Year.
I have a problem that is when I Submit a solution file from my computer it gets Wrong answer on judge But if I copy my code to problem coding place of site, the code will judge well, I use ubuntu 16.04 is there any reason?

Re: Submit solution

by devskill » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:44 am

Do you face this in contest room or in the problem archive?

if in problem archive, please check now whether it is solved or not and let us know.
Site Admin

by seyedssz » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:40 pm

Hello.
Today I found the reason suddenly, thanks for your attention.
I think That is : the system read the code on the coding place as default ans when I submit the file, the judge read the code :

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main() {
// your code goes here
return 0;
}
from coding place,

And then show the wrong error but when I delete this and submit my file the judge reed my code on my file and get AC.

by devskill » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:08 pm

Hello,
Thanks for your finding. But this is very strange because we think we made it other way (or at least wanted to). We were supposed to treat the file as default and ignore the code if any file was selected. We will investigate and check whether your claim is correct or not.

Also we didn't find the problem in windows machine when we tested. this issue was only reported by linux users so we predicted that the reason was a custom file selection filter which may not be working in linux machine. If your explanation is to be correct, then it should be same for both windows and linux. but it seems like a browser or OS issue.

We have removed the custom filter for now and may be the problem is solved. Only you can tell us by testing it now. try submitting using file by keeping the code editor as it is and let us know whether our solution works or not.

Thanks
Site Admin

by seyedssz » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:24 pm

Yes , :D .
It is ok now.
Thanks a lot.